Maine Coast Sea Vegetables, Kelp, Wild Atlantic Kombu, 2 oz (56 g)
- Certified Organic by OCIA
- USDA Organic
- Similar to Japanese Kombu
- Low Temperature Dried, Enzyme Active
- Contains a Natural Substance the Enhances Flavor and Tenderizes Other Proteins
- Tested for Chemical, Heavy Metal, Petroleum, Radioactivity and Microbiological Contaminants
- Meets All OCIA Organic Standards for Sustainable Harvesting and Handling
Our wild Kelp comes to you without processing or washing out any of its mineral richness. Please check for occasional tiny hidden pebbles or shells in the fronds. Some plants may be partially covered with a white powder of natural salts and sugars that precipitate from their cells during storage. Don’t worry, this is normal, as are occasional spots on the fringes of more mature fronds. Keep unused Kelp in this ziplock out of extreme light, heat or moisture. Here are a few tips: Kelp expands about 40% in liquid and will absorb up to five times its weight. Uncooked Kelp is chewy until soaked or marinated. To fully tenderize, simmer 15-20 min., pressure cook 5 min., roast 3-4 min. at 300°, or pan fry 4-5 min. until crisp.
Kelp in Soups or Beans:
- Natural glutamates in Kelp will enhance flavors and tenderize high-protein foods like beans.
- Replace chicken or beef stock with Kelp stock.
- Simmer a strip per qt. of liquid, at least 10 min. and remove if desired. No need to add salt.
- Leave Kelp in for richer broth, or remove, chop and reintroduce as part of your soup or beans.
Kelp in Salads:
- Contributes broad mineral nutrition to your greens.
- Tenderize Kelp by soaking (1 hr.), marinating (1-24 hrs.), blanching, roasting or panfrying (see basic prep).
- Chop or crumble into bite-sized pieces, toss in salad.
- Add dry Kelp to any pickle recipe for a sea treat.
Kelp as a Snack or Garnish:
- Tear, cut or snip kelp to bite-sized pieces: Roast at 300° for 3-5 min.
- Dry-roast in skillet on low until crisp or press into well-oiled medium skillet until crisp.
- Sprinkle these “chips” on salads, grains, pasta or into your mouth!
Low temperature dried organic kelp (saccharina latissima).
- When placing an order with a Visa / MasterCard through the LiqPay payment system (no commission)
- Transfer to Privat card (privat-privat no commission, from other banks at the rate)
- Through your personal account in the order history using LiqPay (no commission)
- Cash on delivery, the commission is paid by the recipient (only for New mail)
- Payment at the bank’s cash desk (the commission is calculated by the bank)
- We will deliver a smile along with the order
- All parcels are insured!
- Exceptionally original products *
- Goods only with a good period
- Refunds in case of cancellation
- Continuous development of service
* During production, suppliers periodically redesign packaging without notifying stores. Images are updated as soon as we receive information about their change. Product images are taken from suppliers or from an Internet resource if the supplier does not provide images.